Diablo 3 : switching hero to other savegame

Broncky Sep 23, 2013

1. Br

Broncky Newbie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    hello

i have some savegames from here at the forum with heroes i would like to have on my own savegame.
    can somebody explain me how i can do that?

i found the hero file on savegame and when i inject it on another SG if gives me an error.
    what do i miss ?

2. ur

urhigh21 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what program are you using

3. monkeyknife

monkeyknife Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Do you want a walkthrough on how to do it as there could be a couple things you did wrong

4. C0mplex

C0mplex Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I would like to know how to do this, Im using horizon

5. perpotator

perpotator Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    snuka wrote:

This was posted by mayh3m in another topic, and it worked for me!

For anyone who is interested, if you are like me and already have a high level character that isn't modded you can do the following to add the modded character to your current hero line up:
    AS ALWAYS >>> BACK UP YOUR SAVE FILE BEFORE YOU DO THIS!

6. C0mplex

C0mplex Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hmm, this will not work for me keep getting errors

7. Br

Broncky Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    you need first to set all the saves on your ID profile and when you don't see the hero afther putting it in your origenal save you need to re open it and there it is.

8. ki

kilap Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what happens to the account bound items from one of the heroes?
    if the injected hero has a hellfire ring in the inventory can the other hero use it?

thx

9. lo

loftyx123 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How do you do using 360revolution? Or you have to have horizon?

10. perpotator

perpotator Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    what happens to the account bound items from one of the heroes?
    if the injected hero has a hellfire ring in the inventory can the other hero use it?

thx

Yes you can use the hellfire ring with all of your heroes. Same goes for brimstone, gems and so on :)

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

11. ha

hammerfall27 Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thx for this good help its working by me :)

12. monkeyknife

monkeyknife Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Here is a walkthrough I created for my Harcore Archive a few weeks ago on request using Horizon-

First create a backup of your save, or only write the backup to your usb, keeping a copy on your Xbox as this procedure will overwrite the one on the USB. We will be replacing a character that is on the save with one from my save or one from one of your characters. So before you pull out that usb, create a new character of any class in Diablo, and exit the menu system, remove the usb to proceed to the computer.
    1. Download Horizon
    2. Create as many characters in your save as you want from mine or in my save, which ever way you prefer. We will replace that new character with one from your d3save or mine.
    3. Plug your USB with the Diablo 3 save in the computer and open it in Horizon by navigating to it and double clicking
    4. Click on the CONTENTS tab on that save
    5. Click on HEROs in the left window - each one of those 16 letter names ending in .dat in the right window represent a character on that save. The lowest byte size (file size) represent the newest characters that don't have anything in their inventory, usually 121k bytes or so.
    6. When you right click on one of them you get a popup menu that gives you the option to replace, and the file you will choose is the one from your character, or from my save depending on which way you are going.
    7. To get the Hero file, extract this Hero.dat file from your save or mine, open the save in a new window with the Tools, (package manager) on the upper most tab of Horizon. Navigate to the CONTENTS tab within that save. Use the extract all button and save the files where you can locate them, or go to HEROs on that save, right click on the character (.dat file) you want and extract it.
    8. Go to the save on the USB drive, right click on the new character we created in step 2 and REPLACE. Now click the SAVE,REHASH,RESIGN button within that save.
    9. That new character we created earlier has now been replaced, you would need to click on root then back on heros to see the byte size change if you were curious. The folder change refreshes what we see within the save we are working on.
    10. Close Horizon, click on the 'safely remove hardware" option on your taskbar and remove the usb when prompted it is safe.
    11. Test your injected Character.
    Note: This process can be completed before you plug in your usb drive, my walkthrough shows only one way. There are a couple ways to do the same thing, but this way works, it isn't overly complicated. You will get corruption if you fail to save, rehash and resign before closing the save you are modifying.