Jonny Weston Jun 21, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    The skeleton-raising, corpse-exploding Necromancer class will arrive in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls with the launch of its ‘Rise of the Necromancer’ paid next week. The paid add-on brings back the Necromancer class introduced in Diablo II, complete with his (and now her) tooth-grinding chums.

[​IMG]

Blizzard today announced that it’ll launch alongside the next update on June 27th (or later, in certain corners of the world), priced at £13. Here, see what the class gets up to:

I do like the outfit dressing your Necromancer up like armoured catacomb saints (who were not saints but rather anonymous corpses pulled from ancient Roman catacombs then dressed up, encrusted with gold and jewels, and presented as martyrs).

Anyway! If you’ve played Diablo II, you’ll likely know the Necromancer. If not, hey, it’s a necromancer. It can raise skeletons and golems to punch people, fling poison, and attack with spells of blood, flesh, and bone. Check out their skills this-a-way.

Along with the character class, the DLC gives two extra stash tabs and two character slots — handy for starting new characters — along with cosmetic doodads including wings, a pet, a portrait, a banner, and a pennant. Stuff. Baubles.

Rise of the Necromancer will cost £12.99/14,99€/$14.99 and will officially launch once patch 2.6.0 is live. The maintenance period launching that patch will begin at 10am Pacific on the NA/SA/ANZ regions, 10pm UK time (11pm CEST) on the European servers, and on the 29th in other regions, Blizzard explain. Downtime is usually only hour or two but can be longer, so there’s no simple answer to “When does Diablo 3’s Necromancer DLC launch?”

Patch 2.6.0 will also bring the interesting-sounding new weekly challenge mode, where players tackle Greater Rifts using other players’ characters and builds.

For a long time I’d hoped to become a ghost, looking forward to the peace and quiet, but I think I’ve changed my mind: after I die, I want to be a skeleton. They’re a great bunch of lads, always up for the craic. Whenever you hear an echoing cackle, you know some skeletons are on the lash nearby. The booze simply cascades down their head, shoulders, knees, and toes onto the floor, of course, but it’s a classic jape.

Source: Rock Paper Shotgun