Destiny: How To Farm Engrams After Latest Patch 1.0.1.5

Bullet Sep 26, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Bungie claimed to have patched farming in everyones favorite spot yesterday, you know the cave in Skywatch that everyone gathers around shotting into the darkness in the hope of getting a legendary engram that that troll the Cryptarch doesn't turn into a green item! The thing is that Bungie didn't actually patch farming in whats known as the 'Treasure Cave' at all, you can still gather a fireteam together and go farm that cave until the cows come home. In fact what Bungie actually did was reduce the spawn rate at the 'Treasure Cave' from 5 seconds to a slower rate of 40 seconds.

[​IMG]

So if you are fed up of the lack of legendary items being dropped throughout the game, or maybe you are being trolled by the Cryptograph and short changed on your blue Engrams? This is how to succesfully continue to farm on Destiny at the Treasure Cave:

Head to the cave which can be found in Skywatch ( Im sure you have all been there by now)

If there are other people there already farming, invite them to your fireteam rather than going against them, it will increase points and drops.

Kill everything around the cave to start the spawning off.
    Now stay far enough back that you do not stop the spawning, over by the rocks is a good place to stand...

Now FIRE!

Even though spawning has been reduced to every 40 seconds this is by far still the best place to farm and the area most likely to net you some good gear. You can kill both waves of enemies that spawn in the cave in 5-6 seconds, then there is the 40 second respawn time which means you can kill around 10 enemies every 45 seconds easily. Now this means you can easily kill around 800 enemies every hour which should bag you quite a few Engrams, plus the fact that every 30 minutes a big battle breaks out bringing some bigger bosses to the area which means an increased likelihood of more special items.

This is still the best spot for farming on Destiny even with the new 40 second spawn rate, if you know of anywhere better I would love to hear where it is.

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Yea I notice this when I when back last night to get some new things so I started to see where I can get the best spot to see where they coming from and how quick I can kill them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in space