Destiny becomes largest console beta for a new videogame IP

Bullet Jul 31, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Activision and Bungie have both announced today the exact amount of people that participated in the recent Destiny Beta. A staggering 4,638,937, people took part to be exact. The beta began on the PS3 and PS4 on July 17th and ended on the 27th, making the amount of people that took part absolutely awesome!

Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, had this to say about the beta accomplishment:
    “This is the biggest beta of this console generation by a wide margin and the largest console beta ever for a new video game IP to date. Hosting a beta at this scale is an incredible feat, so we’re thrilled to see the phenomenal response. But the beta is just a taste of what’s to come. We’re counting down the days to our launch day, September 9th.”
    Pete Parsons, COO of Bungie, shared in the merriment, proclaiming:
    “We were totally blown away by the number of people who played the beta. We surpassed even our own goals and the feedback was invaluable. We cannot thank the community enough, the response was humbling and in the weeks ahead we’ll be working hard to ensure that Destiny lives up to the expectations at launch.”

With that many people partaking in the beta and the feedback Bungie must have got, we can expect the game to be truly awesome when its released in September. So how many of you took part in the beta, and if you did what do you think of Destiny? We would be interested to hear your thoughts so let us know in the comments below.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. ma

mackybean Newbie
    0/47

the beta was Excellent, a true taste of what game developers can do with some hard work and was really able to push the envelope on last gen consoles graphics wise, and the gameplay was truly magnificent. Really looking forward to the launch

3. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Although I enjoyed the beta I prefer halo but it was only a beta and the final version may get a better score from me .:)

4. Deeked

Deeked 3 Percenter Gold Subscriber
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have got to finish the story. It's killing me. Can not wait.

5. RuinedMoonSix

RuinedMoonSix Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I absolutely love everything I saw in the Destiny Beta. I only have a 360, but started playing on a friend's XBox One... Few hours later, I downloaded it at home and my character was available thanks to the servers not caring which console you play on. GORGEOUS on the One, Pretty darned pretty on the 360. Never paying for WoW again to get my "interaction" fix. XD