Tags:

Destiny 2’s Open-World Environments Are Designed To Be “Places You Can Inhabit” Says Bungie

Jonny Weston Jun 10, 2017

1. Jonny Weston

Jonny Weston
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator XPG Developer
    145/188

Console:
    Computer
    In case you’ve been living under a rock, Destiny 2 is coming later this year and Bungie have been keen to push the message that they’ve been listening to player and fan feedback regarding the original Destiny and put it to good use.

[​IMG]

We caught up with Mark Noseworthy recently, Destiny 2’s Project Lead, to talk all things Destiny 2, especially in relation to the game’s open-world environments like the European Dead Zone which will feature in the sequel, an area they’re calling the “largest destination” they’ve ever built, packing it with much more content that the original.

“Certainly, the European Dead Zone is the largest destination we’ve ever built and you know we’re really trying to make the destinations places you can inhabit,” said Noseworthy. “You’re not just going down and doing this one specific thing, you can say, “there’s a landing zone here, I’m going to go down and hang out, I’m gonna do patrols, I’m gonna look for these treasure maps, I’m going to play adventures or I’m going to go in search of these Lost Sectors.””

Noseworthy even went so far as to say that Destiny 2 has the “best PVP” experience Bungie have ever made… which is a pretty big statement from a studio who made Halo 2 and Halo 3. Of course, he would say that though, so you be the judge of whether it is or not.

Destiny 2 is scheduled for a September 8th release. Expect more news on it from E3, which bloody well starts this weekend, doesn’t it!

Source: Xbox Achievements