Dealing with corrupt game saves Mass Effect 3 Gibbed Mod

rbrice1981 Jan 11, 2013

1. rb

rbrice1981 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Anyone who could shed some light would be appreciated.

I finished ME3 a few times and decided to mod it to make the game fun. I downloaded gibbed.MassEffect3.SaveEdit and modio (4 beta). I loaded modio with the profile. I took a backup (loaded the profile, selected ME3, selected my career) and did a backup by selecting all of my saves under that profile and then placing them in a folder. I have that folder currently with all of my original non-corrupted game saves. Then I placed my latest save (51) on the desktop and opened it up with Gibbed. I edited various things but mainly added 9999999 credits. I saved the file to a folder called "me3 modded" under the same file name. I then went back to modio and I deleted the old 51, and added the modded version of 51. I rehashed/saved. I plugged the USB back into my Xbox360 and loaded the save. I played a bit but then noticed something -- the autosaves weren't working (I did something and selected the wrong choice in the game so I decided I wanted to load the most recent autosave and try again -- it wasn't there). I saved the game again and noticed that it did not create a 52. I then took the USB out (after shutting down etc.) and when I started the game up again, it said some files were corrupt and asked if I wanted to delete the corrputed files. I decided to do that (as I had the files backed up just in case). The game froze. I restarted and tried chose to skip the option to delete. I loaded 51 (which brought me back to the same place as I was when this whole thing started -- a couple hours lost -- oh well) and just tried to save to see if maybe that would "fix" the problem. It did not ... it froze as the "saving" logo in the left corner started to animate. I have tried this over and over again. I decided to reformat the drive and start over.

I cannot find out what to do from this point. I don't have a profile but I have some game saves. I would like to put things back to how they were -- can anyone guide me? I am sorry for the trouble. I am not sure if I can return the favor; I always thought I was tech savvy but I am evidently not any longer!

2. MrDack

MrDack All work, no play. Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I haven't modded ME3 since it first came out. So I'm kinda rusty on that game. Your problem may be modio. I never had any luck using it, would always mess up saves. Try something else, 360Rev or Horizon. Sorry can't be more helpful. I did do some starter saves for it though if you wanna try one of those if you can't get yours working.

All should have max skills, money & a few one hit kill guns on em.
    http://www.xpgamesav...e/#.UO-WvG_Adug
    http://www.xpgamesav...e/#.UO-WxW_Adug
    http://www.xpgamesav...e/#.UO-Wx2_Adug

3. rb

rbrice1981 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I appreciate your help. I didn't download the profiles you sent but I DID start a new one and then just put the save there and used Horizon instead...presto! It worked. I really appreciate your help!