Dead Space Help

H4NNiiB4L Jan 9, 2011

1. H4

H4NNiiB4L Newbie
    550/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Alright so i only have one achievement left: Don't get cocky, kid: Survive the ADS Cannon with over 50% shield strength remaining.

This is one of the hardest achievements I have ever run across. Does anyone have the game and this achievement? If so maybe someone could help a fellow gamer out ;) ;)

Any tips would be helpful as well but I have been through my fair share of tips to no avail.

2. Ta

Tazmad Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah I remember this achievements, I was quite hard, Unfortunately I can't help as It was that long ago I played it
    I can't remember the pattern or if there was a good way of doing it. To be honest I just think it is practice and luck.

Hopefully you get it soon & that there is no bits like that in the second game.

3. H4

H4NNiiB4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah it's a ****** for sure. I keep trying it, the best i have ever gotten was 27%

4. Bullet

Bullet XPG Original Founder EST 2000 XPG Administrator XPG Founder
    550/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Found this , it may or may not help!

Author sircuddles

Don't Get Cocky, Kid - Survive the ADS Cannon with over 50% shield strength remaining (10 pts)
    You will get this in Chapter 4. You need to shoot the asteroids as they come at the ship and have over 50% hull integrity remaining once the event is over.

At the start simply stay calm and keep your eyes peeled. You'll be able to see a lot of the asteroids when they're very far away and can quickly dispose of them. After a while you will become overwhelmed. The most important thing you can do is stay calm. If you start firing around wildly you'll just cause yourself problems. RT and LT operate the right and left cannons respectively. If you fire with one too much the cannon will overheat and you'll have to wait before you can fire again. Try to not let this happen, as you can be slammed with a lot of asteroids in the 2-3 seconds you can't fire.

Alternate firing the left and right cannon as you shoot down the asteroids. Concentrate on the large asteroids that break apart into smaller ones first. With these it's best to fire with both cannons in a quick burst so you break the large asteroid and then eliminate the smaller ones in one set of shots. For the regular asteroids, focus on the ones closest to you and moving the fastest, as well as the ones more central in the screen. Sometimes asteroids far off to the sides will go by harmlessly and not damage the ship. This may take you a few tries, but don't get discouraged. Keep trying and eventually you'll get it! The achievement unlocks once the event ends.

• Like Like x 1
  5. H4

H4NNiiB4L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'll give that method a try mate, thanks for the post!