Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round Disc Locked Content

Bullet Feb 24, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Dead or Alive 5 is the latest game to prove how little developers care about their fan-base. Not only is the game riddled with game crashing problems but Team Ninja are also fleecing gamers with disc locked content.

Disc locking is a method some developers use to earn cash from DLC content that is already on the disc, tucked away behind a pay-wall. Dead Or Alive 5 has around $100 worth of DLC already on the disc which you will have to cough up hard earned cash in order to unlock.

Team Ninja have stated that all the DLC from DOA5 and DOA5U will carry over for free in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, however even that feature is broken in the game. Gamers are reporting issues with transferring DLC from previous titles in the series which could be worth up to $300 in some cases if all the DLC is owned.

Not all of the DLC carries over from older gen consoles though, in a ploy to make console gamers purchase the disc-locked content.

Out take:
    This game is very broken, Team NINJA state that they are working on fixing the numerous issues on the game, the freezing, crashing, missing content and more. Give this game a wide birth until all the issues have been rectified, that is of course if you are happy with the underhanded disc locked dlc.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. AD

ADDZ Guest

I wouldn't buy it (...and the free version doesn't have much to it), Mortal Kombat is soon if people want a game you feel in control of

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

Until all the issues are fixed this game isn't worth touching, free version or not. It's sad to see so many big named studios pushing out crap to gamers that have supported them for years.
    A lot of DOA fans will have spent a few hundred bucks on the DLC alone, only to get stiffed with a broken release like this, and to add insult to injury getting charged for content already on the disc.

4. verdugo

verdugo Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah it seems all they care about is making money regardless if their game is broken or not. There is a huge advertisement on the main menu telling you to go buy DLC and you can't shut it off. This is a case of DLC gone wild and out of control. I hope there are more article calling them out on this at other blogger. Nice job on that screenshot sums up Team Ninja perfectly.

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="verdugo" data-time="1424800463">
    <div>
    Nice job on that screenshot sums up Team Ninja perfectly.
    </div>
    </blockquote>

Thank you. It's a shame really that Team NINJA are doing there fans such an injustice, especially when a lot of them have spent a lot of money on the DOA series over the years.<br><br>

6. verdugo

verdugo Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah I know a lot of people have spent over $100 of dollar on cosmetic DLC and later find out that it can’t transfer . You can literally get a current gen console with all that money. On another note the DLC in the store is a complete disaster you can literally end up buying the same thing twice if don‘t know what you are doing. This seems like a giant big scam. I kind of see this as karma for them after they milked their fan base dry. They should be compensating free DLC for this disaster, but of course that painful for them. It seems that the new norm is overpriced DLC and broken game released at launch I’m disappointed of what gaming has become today.