Custom pc Help

SphinxOG Feb 24, 2013

1. SphinxOG

SphinxOG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Hey guys, next month i will be looking at building my own pc, i want as good as i can get for £1000 as that will be my limit, I live in the uk and im around the manchester area, does anyone know the best place to have one build around this area?

I found this on Gumtree though and wanted people thoughts on how good this is?

Keep in mind i have 2 external hard drives.

Here is the link

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gaming-pc-for-sale/1008666053#gallery-item-full-1

2. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    Buy the parts and put it together yourself and you will get the best possible PC for the price.

3. SphinxOG

SphinxOG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Cheers for the heads up

4. DirtyDozza

DirtyDozza Stoner Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    that PC is worth £400 easy but if you've got a grand you can do a lot better. ive got a grand to spend next week ill show what im planning tomorrow. im going for out and out speed and cpu power tho not botherd about gaming. what will you be using it for?

5. SphinxOG

SphinxOG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Gaming mainly, issue i have with my current computer is it's a laptop and due to low Ram and the cpu it takes me a lifetime to render videos and clips in vegas and c4d, drives me insane

6. Hanzx

Hanzx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Computer

7. Th

ThePenance Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Avoid Dellware, pointless computers with flashy cases that's all really. And gaming laptops are pointless their generally heavy, low battery life and will never match the performance per £ of a desktop.

Seeing as you already have a laptop keep that for mobile browsing and light gaming, and hammer the bigger games via desktop

8. DirtyDozza

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ill chuck some bits together for you under a grand trying to get a half decent gpu in there.
    im going for pure speed top i7 3700k £150-£200 on a mobo 2 ssd's in raid0 for boot drive, 3x 2tb drives, 8gb of decent ram tho rather than 16 of average stuff all the bits are coming in over a G without any GPU at all that will have to be in a few months. ive already got a case 2 ihas 524b's and still coming in over £1000 i never skimp on the PSU tho most common and first thing to break on a pc will always be the PSU.
    ive got a full water cooling set up as well other than a block but that is reserved for my xbox when i can finish the case im building but might borrow it. i dunno ive only been looking on ebuyer so far so ill be doing some serious shopping this week (on works time obviously) so ill see what i can throw together for you as well.

9. Tattoo

Tattoo XPG Mentor Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    As Dozza said you can get a really good one for cheaper but if you have a grand to spend then its going to be so much better if you know what to buy.

10. SphinxOG

SphinxOG Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thanks for the info guys, i am avoiding alienware like the plague, they may sell good stuff but i learnt my lesson there all the stuff is overpriced and your really paying for the name on the outer shell

11. DirtyDozza

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    its a dell in disguise really good mind, especially the lappys. But is like designer clothes your paying extra for the brand name. not the brand as some brands are worth the extra. just the name in this case though plus a few cool led's