Connecting to a modded lobby via system link.

WarriorWithin Apr 7, 2010

1. Wa

WarriorWithin Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok with the recent dashboard update people say it's killed jtags coming online and no more xp lobbies etc well you can, but its in system link and involves leaf networks.

1. First download Leaf networks - http://www.leafnetworks.net/download.html

2. Create an account.

3. Find out the account name of the guy who is hosting and then add them as a friend via leaf networks.

4. Start up MW2 go into system link and find there match, join (sometimes it wont let you connect to the game straight away I had the same problem earlier but I did get in after 2 attempts).

5. You should be now in the lobby, get what you need etc then profit.

If anyone else has something to add or it worked or didn't work for you post in this thread, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, enjoy if it does.

Edit if it's not letting you join try this:

Click on share, then game server, permissions, then the username of the guy you're trying to connect with and allow, also get the person who is hosting the lobby to do this also.

Edit again: Me and Bullet tried it and it wont let us connect :), guess this wont work after all unless you live very close to the other guy.

2. sd

sdeens Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    QUESTIONS:

If we own two consoles (one JTAG--MW2 patched.HDD, and one unhacked) can we use "system link" to infect the HDD on unmodified console so we can go play MW2 on line with the unhacked console?

what if we don't want to host any lobbies or use LEAF NETWORKS software, but just want create an infection console strictly for our own personal use connected behind our home routers and then subsequently go play in the public on line MW2 XBL games?

Is using this System Link procedure for the scenario above different or more detailed?

3. An

Anonamous Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have personally tried this and it MAY NOT WORK. You must live close to them for it to fully connect. Im in the US and my fiend and I tried this with him being on the other side of the country. Im in NJ he is in California. It got to awaiting connection then after bout 10 attempts it would always fail. It did however pick up that he was hosting a lobby via system link. It may of had to do with the ping limit or something but I dont really know.

4. KUF

KUF Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have question I have 2 console 1 jtag 1 online I connect to systemlink I play MW2 how can i do to get 10th.
    I have all file to get 10th but systemlink cant to get rank online?Thank you.

5. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    sorry to bump an old thread but ping limits can be removed now for jtags

6. JordanE

JordanE Intervention Masterâ„¢ Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    so without it connected to another xbox. if i downloaded leaf networks. and looked for a modded lobby. on my xbox which is plugged into my wireless which is then connected to my laptop via. wireless network.

if i started up mw2 and clicked system link and looked for find game i could find one ? :shiftyninja: