Common JTAG/RGH Errors and Causes/Fixes

KobeJack Nov 14, 2013

1. Mo

Motabar Newbie
    5/47

I dont know how to do this but i am facing a problem with my rgh its like not booting up
    Yesterday i downloaded xblse files and set them as plugins in dashlaunch and when i restarted it it didnt boot up.I searched the web and after reading a couple of pages i tried booting my xbox 360 without hdd and it actually boot well.when i tried launching xell (by turning the xbox on with eject button)it also launced xell but i cant play with my hdd inserted what to do plz help me as soon as possible.A great thanks to that person who will help

2. di

diggyjones Newbie
    0/47

I've lost the avatar on my console. I've not updated it for a while as I dont use it regularly.
    Please can you help me.

3. mo

morenoeddie5 Newbie
    0/47

hey whats up buddy, sorry to bother u got a rgh console added a stealth server as a plugin now cant get into the xex menu to change it any suggestions?

if u figure anything out let me kno doin the same thing to me

4. dj

djcdc Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey my dual nand RGH started freezing just recently. no screen distortions. the system will just freeze like normal crash in a game. I was running a modded iso of GH3 playing lots of songs with the bot and I noticed it was froze when I woke up from my nap. I restarted it and after a while it froze again. I have mostly been using the retail dash but I switched to freestyle after the last crash and booted up file manager. while I was in file manager, it froze up. so that eliminated GH3. It seems like its over heating but my temps at their highest were cpu 54.5 GPU 51 Mem: 48 Case:37. The retail dash is the latest. freestyle is the dash version that came with the unit when I purchased it from the modder. I never set the fan setting in freestyle settings but I set it to 75% last night.. did I damage the cpu?. but I have not used the freestyle dash all that much except when I playing godfather 2. I was using the trainer for a few things., the rest of the time, it was retail dash. are there any diagnostics I can run?. I read where you can dump the nand and look at the settings with a program, adjust them then flash the nand again. I don't want to flash the nand unless i have to.

I just want to know if its hardware or just software. any logs I can look at in freestyle? any diagnostics software to check for cpu or memory damage. any memory test utility similar to what memtest does for the pc?

Freestyle Dash version 3.0b Rev775 Kernel version 2.0.16747.0 Skin version 3.0b Rev775
    retail dash is the latest. the one with the 2gb cloudsave.

any help or info is greatly appreciated.

5. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    First thing i would do is remove plugins and see how you get on. The temps look fine to me as standard temp threshold for xbox 360 is 70-80 if i'm right on GPU.
    Even if the console got to that temp it should shut down the console.

There are some fan speed patches you can download and you only need to run the speed patch once and it will sick your fan speed to that % you picked. (Have a look around the site for them)

Like i said see how you get on today and report back ;)

6. dj

15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey, thanks so much for responding. I looked in Plugins and there are a few folders in there. Im not sure which one to delete. there is one called Freestyleplugin.xex. folders called Webroot, Hubscene, Userdata, Log and Screenshots. I have been learning as I go. So I have not delved into the guts of freestyle. I know i have not installed any plugins at all since purchasing a over a year ago.

7. dj

15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well it cant be overheating like you say. cuz I just turned it on and loaded up gh3 and first song it ran it crashed. I do want point out the first time it crashed was in the retail dash.

8. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Have you got a backup nand at all ?

9. dj

15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I am at this moment running a different burned game and it has not crashed all its been going for 3 hours now and counting. im currently in the retail dash. by backup nand, you mean dump of the nand before it had problems? I had never dumped the nand. so I guess possibly no. I guess I cant obtain one because each CPU has a CPU Key that's unique.

10. dj

15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well I thought it was a cache problem cuz that seem to let me run it longer by clearing each time before playing. But I was wrong. now when I turn on the RGH side. I get a red led on the power button instead of green. However, I can still power up the retail dash by holding the sync button in while pressing the power button. I can also still boot into Xell reloaded by pressing the eject button to power on. So i am thinking hardware issue unless anybody else knows this can be fixed another way.

11. dy

dylon452 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey can anyone help me? Ive got this stealth server and it is UP, I'm friends with owner and im also a tester for it. but it is up, it works for everyone else but when i have it on (ONLY THE SERVER) it wont boot past the xbox logo. does not freeze, But if i leave it for awhile it does. about a hour before all this happened i was online with the server. i tried using a msp spoofer than it crashed and done all this and im here now. owner has no idea either. we tried everything. but we simply have no idea and i was wondering if anyone can help me.

12. vitiin21

vitiin21 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox

13. vitiin21

vitiin21 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ok ok eu entendi agora como funciona

14. EPiiC x TEAM

EPiiC x TEAM 404 Not Found Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    Not new to Jtag use but i do am looking for life time stealth for 2 consoles if u know anyone let me know thanks.

15. Je

Jesussaves Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Xbox will not boot to rgh system.
    Xbox boots ok to standard xbox dash.
    Xbox boots ok fast to xell no problem and quickly.

Both Original xbox 250gb drive and or any formatted usb drives with xexmenue live 1.2.
    the xbox just cant see contents of neither.

Xbox dash in settings and storage does show main hdd size and also -usb sizes ,
    I have a few usb drives .

When Hdd Opened with - Party Buffalo Xbox 360 Drive Explorer 2.0.1.0 -it see's all.

When same hard drive opened with Horizon it see nothing same as xbox no conent any where ?

The console was rehit with rawflash v4 and it was flawless operation.

The coolrunner only ever flashed green once and boots she is excellent.

So here i am wondering why ?

I was originaly trying to grab contents off of hdd to set up a larger one.

So why can Party buffalo see the full content but not horizon or xbox itself.

My wiring and soldering are high grade, been fixing consoles since the ZX Spectrum + haha :)

Any help would be grate as I think / hope someone maybe clued up on a fix maybe please.

I have a few jasper boards all installed into my modded halo shells, .
    I have spent fair amount of time searching , but my problem is not showing , well ,
    maybe but i havent found anything quit like it :)

Thank you in advanced for any help .