Choosing a Laptop

Internet Aug 19, 2013

1. Internet

Internet Gamer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm buying a Laptop in about 2 months and I have £700 budget and I need help choosing one. I want my Laptop to beable to run Minecraft, COD 4, WAW and possibly MW2. Please bear in mind I would want to run these at lowest settings.
    Thanks!

2. raisinbrand

raisinbrand Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    there are other things you should consider too.

think of the display - should it be glossy or not? glossy displays are mostly used in entertainment laptops and provide brighter and more vibrant colors. if you work with it then non glossy displays are better - the colors are by far not as intense but your eyes won't hurt after 5 hours of posting on xpg ;)

check how far you can upgrade the ram, there are ultrabooks out there that only let you upgrade to 8gb maximum.

check if it has an ssd or if you can exchange a normal hdd without hassle to a ssd - so you'll be futureproof. if your laptop isn't responsive as he is in the beginning in a few years, just put in a ssd and use the hdd it came with in an external enclosure. so you can still save your data on the external drive without the need to buy a 400 pound 500gb ssd. but in 2 years they won't cost that much ;) but i would defo go with 250gb+ in 2 years!

also check the graphics that come with it. i haven't tried it yet but you should be fine with the newest haswell hd 4600 i guess it is to run everything on the lowest settings. but check here - http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

you can check out what's going on on the market right now and pick some favorites - if you don't need a dvd drive you can opt for ultrabooks, asus and samsung have nice pieces here. they cost around 800 pounds now - but in two months you'll get all the winter sales and stuff, so just watch out and they will definitely drop in price ;)

3. ic

icrackgames101 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I say try RazorBlade it's very fast, thin, 1080 p hd display. Awesome

hm