Check out this petition trying to bring user created DLC to X1. Mod market on consoles!

Menov Aug 1, 2013

1. Menov

Menov 5.0 COBRA R 1993 Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Here is some of the petition, this suggests mods like the DayZ mod for Arma II. :yes2:

Mods are equivalent to downloadable content, but mods are made by the fans for the community. With fan-made content we can have things like a skyrim add-on that is 1/3 the size of the original Skyrim, and is free! These things exist, and on the next Xbox console you will have the ability to create such content. We need the support of the DEVs and the support of Microsoft to make this happen. Please take the time to consider this awesome opportunity. If you are against Microsoft, please contemplate the ramifications of this change on the rest of the market. A Mod (fan-made content) is great for everyone, and spurs innovation in the minds of the developers. The PS4 will also have a debug kit available for purchase to those who have the skills to create game content.

Here is a little more..

In turn, we would get games that offer many more hours of gameplay per dollar that you paid for them. We would get the same content PC owners receive at places like Steam, and we would get game prices that match Steam's as well. Anyone who has the skills to create content for games, should sign. In doing so you are showing the industry that we no longer want downloadable content that costs as much as the game you purchased that content for. It is time to take a stand for the future of gaming.

Source Change.org

I personally don't think this will ever come to pass, at least not anytime soon ;) . DLC for consoles is a cash cow for game developers and publishers IMO. To much money they would be giving up in letting us create content :nono:

I signed this, just to let my voice be heard. I thought this was interesting, so I brought this to XPG's attention :)
    Link to the petition in Spoiler.

2. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No one thinks this would be interesting :| , since both Sony & Microsoft is planning on releasing Debug consoles ;)

3. bruce2707

bruce2707 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Here is some of the petition, this suggests mods like the DayZ mod for Arma II. :yes2:

Mods are equivalent to downloadable content, but mods are made by the fans for the community. With fan-made content we can have things like a skyrim add-on that is 1/3 the size of the original Skyrim, and is free! These things exist, and on the next Xbox console you will have the ability to create such content. We need the support of the DEVs and the support of Microsoft to make this happen. Please take the time to consider this awesome opportunity. If you are against Microsoft, please contemplate the ramifications of this change on the rest of the market. A Mod (fan-made content) is great for everyone, and spurs innovation in the minds of the developers. The PS4 will also have a debug kit available for purchase to those who have the skills to create game content.

Here is a little more..

In turn, we would get games that offer many more hours of gameplay per dollar that you paid for them. We would get the same content PC owners receive at places like Steam, and we would get game prices that match Steam's as well. Anyone who has the skills to create content for games, should sign. In doing so you are showing the industry that we no longer want downloadable content that costs as much as the game you purchased that content for. It is time to take a stand for the future of gaming.

Source Change.org

I personally don't think this will ever come to pass, at least not anytime soon ;) . DLC for consoles is a cash cow for game developers and publishers IMO. To much money they would be giving up in letting us create content :nono:

I signed this, just to let my voice be heard. I thought this was interesting, so I brought this to XPG's attention :)
    Link to the petition in Spoiler.

Spoiler

signed petition too Menov,dont really think its gunna make much difference,but u never know +liked :|

4. XPGSaints

XPGSaints XPG Donator Lifetime Gold BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I signed the petition and I shared it ;)

5. TheWoodenDragon

TheWoodenDragon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have signed, but I would hate to see this not kick off, either way thanks for sharing! +Rep! :locomotive:

6. Cr

CravedDreamModding Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I signed, i would love to have this!

7. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Done ;)

8. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It will be down to the game publishers if you will be able to mod the game ;)

9. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Your right, DLC makes publishers to much money. So they would not hand that over to the public IMO ;)