Changing a game save Title ID

Discerper May 1, 2013

1. Discerper

Discerper Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi all,

First off I hope I have submitted this topic in the right section of the forums to be honest I'm not sure where my issue falls...

Anyway as the title would suggest I am having trouble changing the Title ID for a game save. I did try to do some research, by first of all seeing if there was the same or similar problem on the forums here but I didn't have much luck there. I then went and did a google! The results weren't overly promising there either.

Basically my issue is I recently obtained a German version of Dead Space 2 & figured that the pal game saves would work for it, being technically of the same game region. They do not the Pal & Ger. versions have different Title ID's; being Dead Space 2 (PAL) 454108DF & Dead Space 2(Ger) 45410959.

So my train of thought initially was simply to edit the title ID which as it would turn out cannot be modified in horizon. The german version of dead space 2 doesn't exist on the title ID finder and so I cannot simply copy the title id there and paste it in the required field.

I tried mucking around with the PAL gamesave in 360rev via the package manager (this was the only way I could open the save file as the USB explorer option always crashes) which I was able to modify the fields but upon rehashing and resigning it doesn't keep the Ger. version title ID...

I have also tried mucking around with exGPD & Modio to see if I could get any luck there which unfortunately I have not...

I then moved on to trying to modify it via a Hex Editor...but I'm afraid that Hex code goes right over my head even upon reading tutorials on it...

Im honestly at a loss as to what I need to do, help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone knows what I have yet to do or have done wrong please don't hesitate to call me on it. Hopefully it's something simple that I have overlooked and a solution can be found...If any additional information is required just say so & I will be as helpful as I can be...

Cheers

D

2. de

decibal Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Have you gotten a response or figured it out? Iam trying to do the same thing with no luck.

3. ni

nick526xxh Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I am looking for the same thing lol. Dont wanna beat hardcore again on germen version...

4. Discerper

Discerper Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No love, it didn't work so I just resorted to using ExPE to just adding the achievements rather than getting the joy of playing the game, it was a big shame in the end!

5. ni

nick526xxh Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There is no trainer for this german version? I remember when I was play sleeping dogs germen version, I use the trainer post on this site. The trainer works for both japanese and german version. If I can find a working trainer, I am still able to make the save for myself. :p