Call of Duty: Ghosts IW " we could of done something else"

XPG Darkside May 31, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Call of Duty: Ghosts developer Infinity Ward didn’t have to do a Call of Duty game after Modern Warfare 3, but after much brainstorming the team decided it’s what it wanted to do, according to developer Mark Rubin.
    Speaking with MCV, Rubin said, “We don’t get a chance when making a game to think about the next one until we are done actually making that first game.

[​IMG]

“So when we finished Modern Warfare 3, we had this big brainstorming session that lasted for weeks. Everybody gets to come up with ideas of what we want to do, not just what game we want to do, but moments in games.”

In the end Rubin said, “We all really knew we wanted to continue making Call of Duty. We could have done something else. But we wanted to make Call of Duty and we wanted to create a new universe, or a new story at least. We wanted new characters and new experiences.”

He also shed light on why the team went for Call of Duty: Ghosts instead of Modern Warfare 4, “The easy thing would have been – as we had finished the arc of Modern Warfare 1, 2 and 3 – to start a new arc within that same universe.

“That was the first step. But due to a lot of the changes we wanted to make with this new world, it really dictated out that we needed to make something that wasn’t Modern Warfare.”

Are you glad Infinity Ward decided to stick with Call of Duty, or would you like to see them do something new next time? Let us know below.

Source VG247 + MCV

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  2. music714

music714 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    not a fan of cod any more they all suck after mw2

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="music714" data-time="1370030586">not a fan of cod any more they all suck after mw2</blockquote>
    <br>
    MW2 was one of the worst cods ever in my opinion.<br>
    Cod 4 was by far the best call of duty

4. rsparrowk

rsparrowk Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="XPGBullet" data-time="1370111278"><br>
    MW2 was one of the worst cods ever in my opinion.<br>
    Cod 4 was by far the best call of duty</blockquote>
    I agree, after CoD 4 they all went downhill. I will personally never play CoD again. I will stick to BF