Bungie Promise Changes To Destiny's Trolling Cryptarch

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Bullet, Sep 25, 2014.

Bungie Promise Changes To Destiny's Trolling Cryptarch

Bullet Sep 25, 2014

1. Bullet

Bullet XPG Original Founder EST 2000 XPG Administrator XPG Founder
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Bungie have released an update today which fixes farming items from a couple of favored methods among Destiny players. We feel what they really need to address is the trolling Cryptarch and the way he just loves to screw you over with your hard earned items.

I'm sure it has happened to you already and you also have been trolled by the one known as Cryptarch, you finally get that Legendary engram you have been waiting for and race back to the tower to find out what you will get. You hand in your Legendary engram and in return you receive an uncommon item.... meanwhile your buddy you have been playing with gets an awesome weapon!

Drops of anything decent become few and far between as you play through the game, so that feeling of rage as the smug one known also as the Cryptarch trades your hard earned item for something crappy is totally understandable.

Bungie are also aware that this randomness needs addressing and have sort of promised to do something about it according to dev notes:
    Personally I have to disagree with Bungie that the randomness is exciting when it has a negative effect, especially in light of todays update which has patched up a farming method which allowed gamers to collect up many engrams in a short space of time.

Bungie appear to have a game plan where our precious items are concerned, starting with patching farming and then addressing the randomness of decryption by the Cryptarch.

What would you like to see changed in the way items are handled in Destiny? Maybe you would like more legendary drops, or maybe would prefer the negative decryption removed when dealing with the troll in the tower? Let us know your thoughts below...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    1. Deeked
      Deeked
      How about an option to take my totally fracking worthless american dollars and purchase the weapons and armor that I want. Look guys and gals, I suck at games anymore. I'm definitely not what I used to be and I just don't have the skills, time, or patience to level up all my gear like others.

So let me take a little bit of my money and buy dat chit!
    2. Bullet
      Bullet
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xXgaraaXx" data-time="1411714244">
      <div>
      2 things really should be added in my opinion A text box so players can communicate easier and Trade system so that way glimmer can be of more use AND maybe you can help your friends out with chit just sitting around in your bank so that way they can help you!
      </div>
      </blockquote>

I agree with trading items, it would make the tower a lot more social too as well as allowing you to actually get the gear you need.
    3. Fysix
      Fysix
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">I'm sure it has happened to you already and you also have been trolled by the one known as Cryptarch, you finally get that Legendary engram you have been waiting for and race back to the tower to find out what you will get. You hand in your Legendary engram and in return you receive an uncommon item....</span></blockquote>

Haha i´ve been there and it wasn´t fun! :p
    4. hansolo77
      hansolo77
      Trading would be nice, but it would make earning the achievement for acquiring a full legendary or exotic equipment set pointless. If I'm missing a single piece but my friend has it, he trades it to me and BAM I get the achievement, then I give it back. Not exactly what they had in mind. Now what they COULD do is open some kind of market, where you could put your items you don't want up for sale. Especially nice with the latest patch that removed the shards from dismantling Queen's gear, since you no longer have any use for continuing to dismantle them.

I'm curious to see what kind of solutions they come up with since the treasure caves (on Earth) have been tweaked. You can still farm elsewhere if you know where to look. But since the #1 spot is basically gone now, the only solution is to look elsewhere. The 6-second respawn rate is what helped with the farming since you weren't guaranteed to get a drop every mob. In an hour, you would have maybe 30 drops. An hour of random encounters throughout the rest of the game would give you maybe 15. More frequent drops would help, and more frequent legendary drops would be even better. But above all else, they need to fix the damn Cryptarch so you have a higher chance of getting the color item based on the color orb. What they need to do is guarantee a 100% conversion on purple orbs, and maybe a 75% on blues.

Something I'm still waiting for is server stability. I don't know how many times now I've been dropped from my connection for no reason. I have my XBox in a DMZ for crying out loud to make sure it is unimpeded by the router perhaps blocking some random port. I hate being on the last boss of a strike mission then get booted.
    5. Bullet
      Bullet
      <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="hansolo77" data-time="1411747832">
      <div>Something I'm still waiting for is server stability. I don't know how many times now I've been dropped from my connection for no reason. I have my XBox in a DMZ for crying out loud to make sure it is unimpeded by the router perhaps blocking some random port. I hate being on the last boss of a strike mission then get booted.</div>
      </blockquote>

This is driving me nuts too, it has happened several times and for the most part no fault of my own, by that I mean my connection has been fine.