bunch of games not showing in FSD games menu

dallascowboy23 Dec 4, 2014

1. dallascowboy23

dallascowboy23 Newbie
    430/564

my mates xbox wasnt showing up his GTA5 game

i have his external HDD that he keeps his games on ........i made another folder (using the pc) and put all the GTA5 contents into that....the xbox then recognised it

i noticed that there are more games not showing in his games folder in FSD....they are in the HDD when you go into file manager or xex menu but not showing in FSD games menu

wiped his HDD and reformated it in fat32 again...reloaded all the games and same thing....not showing a bunch of games even when FSD first starts and at the bottom of the screen you can see it checking the HDD and you can see the name of the games...it sees the games but when you then go into the games section they are not there.....

all of this is using my xbox but im getting the same issues as he had on his so i assume the xbox itself isnt the problem....i swap my external HDD in and it works fine......put his back in and same same...some games are not showing....weird

so just wanted to see what you guys thought? does it sound like a HDD issue?

2. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    The easiest way to fix content not showing issues is to delete the 2 database files and setup FSD settings again,
    The files can be located within your FSD installation folder, Freestyle3\Data\databases\
    Delete both the content.db and settings.db.

When adding Folders, make sure you set the scan depth correctly:
    eg.
    Usb:\\Games\*Game*\ - setting the Usb:\\Games as your folder you would need scan depth of 2 to read the contents of *Game* folder.
    Usb:\\Games\*Game*\Disc 1\ - setting the Usb:\\Games as your folder you would need a scan depth of 3 to read the contents of Disc 1 folder.

In general, i usually make my scan depth 3 and it picks up everything, all depends on your folder structure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dallascowboy23

dallascowboy23 Newbie
    0/47

cheers ill give that a go for him!

4. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    If you have any furthur problems let us know ;)