Bethesda - April 'surprises' for Skyrim and Rage

XPGBuSh Mar 31, 2012

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Skyrim and Rage fans are in for some "cool news and surprises", teased Bethesda's VP of marketing and PR Pete Hines.
    Hitting up Twitter, Hines announced, "Some things coming down the road in April for all you Rage and Skyrim fans. April is gonna have some cool news and surprises."
    Hines didn't say exactly what the news and surprises would be, but my guess is DLC. Since Skyrim's launch back in November we've heard Bethesda make promise after promise for "meaty" DLC. We haven't heard much in terms of what it'll actually consist of, but we've been promised that the DLC will "feel closer to an expansion pack".
    In February, director Todd Howard said the dev team was "very early" into the development of Skyrim's DLC. Then in March, a little over a week ago, it was reported that Bethesda trademarked "Dawnguard" which could be potential Skyrim DLC. Of course, this is unconfirmed, but the word does seem to be a variation of the term Redguard, which is a race in the Elder Scrolls series.

Aside from DLC, Bethesda has been working hard on fixing Skyrim's bugs. With the main problems now solved, the dev team has been adding newer features like the all-new cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells. In addition, the 1.5 update added new kill moves and animations for melee weapons. It's safe to assume Bethesda is past the majority of the bug fixing and now completely working on DLC.
    As for Rage, we haven't really heard much about the game at all lately. I'd assume some more DLC for this is coming, as well.
    Or maybe, just maybe, Bethesda will announce that both Skyrim and Rage will be headed to the Wii U?!
    What do you think the big April "surprises" will be?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. LuciferCrimson

LuciferCrimson Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [font=georgia,serif]When i read the last line the words April 'surprises' i'm thinking April fools week or day lol. Alas i squeal for the dlc for skyrim and the new update for skyrim AWESOME!![/font]

[font=georgia,serif]P.S i feel sad for rage though :'([/font]

3. he

henry winkler Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    Skyrim DLC ftw!

4. rsparrowk

rsparrowk Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I hope it's a DLC, but that is just my wishful thinking.