App Keeps Saying Play First Match.

Chug42000 Jan 26, 2014

1. Ch

Chug42000 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Like title says,No matter how much I've played online it NEVER lets me sign in..I have tried multiple devices to try to sign into,I've done EVERY suggestion like unlinking,relinking,And mind you it used to work just fine for awhile..Then it stopped,Anyone have ANY ideas to help me??Iam the commander of our clan and we have 3 platinum 1st places so I need to accept that Diamond invite! :(

2. GConwell

GConwell Ain't No Picnic Lifetime Gold
    125/188

DJ
    Home Page:
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    mine says the same thing was thinking it might be because i got my account modded but i dnt no

3. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Contact activision support, live chat is always better, and they'll fix it for you.
    Good luck :)

4. Ch

Chug42000 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Have they fixed this for you?Or is it just worth a try?Live chat is not open yet for about an hour.Just wonderin if they can actually fix it or not.

5. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    They indeed fixed it for me, apparently it's an issue by their end, I mean you stated that you tried almost everything, what else is there to do ? Just give it a shot and they should fix it for you

6. Ch

Chug42000 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for quick response.

7. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You're welcome, feel free to post back and whether it's fixed or not

8. GConwell

GConwell Ain't No Picnic Lifetime Gold
    125/188

DJ
    Home Page:
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    be too risky for me to try and get mine fixed my account been modded so many times

9. Ch

Chug42000 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nah they didnt fix crap.They got more excuses than obama..

10. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    :LOL: .. But seriously, what did they say ?[​IMG]

11. Ow

Ownagemike Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Its cuz of the modded kill streaks im 99 percent sure. Friend just got his stats beefed up and his app still good. Mine on the other hand got the kill streaks also and nope app no work lol

Like u rlly need it...if u keep rebooting your phone and closing the app out 1/10 ull be able to bypass the "play your first match" until u click on a wrong tab that pulls your player data

12. dastare

dastare Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Mine is also doing it Activision is currently investigating my account to see whats going on I hope they dont notice my killstreaks lol, Ill post a copy of the chat i had with them .....

6s ) Geoffrey H: Activision Support reporting for duty!
    ( 11s ) SCOTT WEEKS: hi
    ( 14s ) Geoffrey H: Hello, thank you for contacting Activision customer support. What game and system are you playing on today, and what can I help you with?
    ( 36s ) SCOTT WEEKS: call of duty ghost xbox360
    ( 1m 26s ) SCOTT WEEKS: I have played over 100 games but when i go onto the app its telling me to play one game but i already have
    ( 1m 54s ) SCOTT WEEKS: When i sign into app it tell me to play one game I have played loads of games yet its still doing it so i loaded up the website and it says You have no call of duty ghost data and my xbox gamertag is linked to my account.
    ( 3m 16s ) Geoffrey H: Ok, so the app itself is still reading that you need to play your first match, even though you have played quite a few already? I imagine that has to be frustrating. As far as the site goes, what website do you mean? What device is the app on, and what is your gamer tag?
    ( 3m 50s ) SCOTT WEEKS: http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en
    ( 4m 11s ) SCOTT WEEKS: and its Iphone app also tried it on a android and the same
    ( 4m 42s ) SCOTT WEEKS: GAMERTAG REMOVED
    ( 7m 16s ) Geoffrey H: Ok, thank you for the information. What I would like you to do is kind of a two step process. First, I want you to uninstall the app from whatever device you're going to use it on most of the time. Second, after you do that, go into your Call of Duty account, and un-link, then re-link your gamertag. After that, go ahead and download the app again, and sign in, and see if it is still giving you that message.
    ( 7m 47s ) SCOTT WEEKS: I have already tried that didnt work :(
    ( 9m 57s ) SCOTT WEEKS: on the callofduty website it says You have no call of duty: ghost data Purchase of duty: ghosts now but i already have it and i have linked my gamertag to it its fine for blackops 2 and mw3 just not working for ghost's
    ( 12m 12s ) Geoffrey H: Ok, so it seems that the account itself is recording the information Out of curiosity, how full is the memory on your phone?
    ( 14m 9s ) SCOTT WEEKS: its a 16gb phone only used 1gb, The website has my stats for mw3 and blackops2 just no ghost data its saying ive never played it :/
    ( 15m 53s ) Geoffrey H: So it does not appear to be a memory issue on the phone then. What model of Iphone is it? As far as the site goes, even though you need that account for Ghosts, it won't actually show the information on there.
    ( 17m 20s ) SCOTT WEEKS: Iphone 3gs 16gb it works when my mate signs in loads up his stuff no problem just wont load mine keeps telling me to play one multiplayer game which i have done
    ( 19m 28s ) Geoffrey H: Ok. At this point, what I'd like to do is research this a little more to see what may be causing this. If I could, I'll be back in three or four minutes, after I do some research.
    ( 19m 37s ) SCOTT WEEKS: ok
    ( 23m 38s ) Geoffrey H: Ok Scott, I'm back, sorry about that wait. If possible, I would like you to create a whole new Elite account, making sure to link your same gamertag, and then sign into the app with the email associated with that new account. Since it's based on the same tag, everything will transfer over, and hopefully it will over come whatever is blocking the information flow to the app.
    ( 24m 17s ) SCOTT WEEKS: ok ill do that now
    ( 25m 27s ) Geoffrey H: Awesome. If for whatever reason that doesn't work, we'd like you to take a screenshot of the app saying you need to play the first match, as well as one of the game itself showing your rank etc, just to prove that you have in fact played, at which point we will send it up to be looked into further.
    ( 27m 26s ) SCOTT WEEKS: Ok no problem
    ( 28m 35s ) SCOTT WEEKS: this is what im getting on the website http://img42.com/won2x
    ( 29m 8s ) SCOTT WEEKS: saying i have no ghost data and thats with a new account on the website and my gamertag linked
    ( 31m 6s ) Geoffrey H: Ok. In that case I would say go ahead and get a screen shot of what the app says, as well as of your stats in game, and we will go ahead and send this up. To get those to us, in this same account, go to my support, then my cases, and click on the case you see there, and there will be a spot to upload those shots.
    ( 32m 43s ) SCOTT WEEKS: ok i cant get a screen shot at the moment because my phone has just died is it ok to upload later?
    ( 33m 57s ) Geoffrey H: Definitely. It will notify us once they are uploaded, so whenever you have a chance you can upload those and we will send it up.
    ( 34m 17s ) SCOTT WEEKS: ok thanks for your help
    ( 35m 31s ) SCOTT WEEKS: i shall upload these in about 10 minutes
    ( 36m 28s ) Geoffrey H: Ok, no problem. Once we send this up, we should get an answer in a day or two, at which point we will get back to you. Beyond that, do you have any other questions I can help you with?
    ( 37m 5s ) SCOTT WEEKS: Nope thats all thanks for your help
    ( 37m 36s ) Geoffrey H: No problem.Thank you for contacting Activision customer support. You can also contact us at 310-255-2050 from 2-11pm eastern time if you have any more questions. You may also receive a brief survey in your email rating my performance. Have a great rest of the night.

And still havnt heard from them this was on the 22nd of January

13. Ma

Makavelirevive Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I had this problem.. it was because I had created an account on call of duty dot com
    and so for some reason it was saying play your first game..
    I finally figured out how to get in..
    weird enough I had to log in with the call of duty site info..
    before I had created the cod website account I would just always click link gamers but after I linked my account through call of duty dot com I had to use that... hope it helps..

14. Le

LegitBk Newbie
    0/47

I've got the same issue now, my app was working fine and now i get the same "play your first match" message. I got a few recovery mods done (body count, unlock all, and secret camos) and then shortly after there was a title update. After that, I have not been able to log back into the app, I've tried deleting and re-installing the app, unlinking and re linking my gamer tag, I even set up a new COD account and linked my gamer tag to that instead, still no luck. I contacted activision support and they told me to restart my phone and that was it -.-… anyone know a fix to this?

15. gameroms

gameroms XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I have the same issue on my android device and when that msg pops up just hit the back button one time & the app will load like normal.

16. TR

TRJets Newbie
    0/47

There's no back button on an iphone :(

17. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How do you go back then ? o_O You close the app and re-open it ?

18. TR

TRJets Newbie
    0/47

He's talking about android phones that have the little keys at the bottom i.e. back, home, settings, etc

19. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's either you're referring to your self as "he" or you didn't understand that I was asking you, I have an android phone and we have buttons to back out ... Just wondering how you do that on an iPhone when you wanna go to the previous page or whatever, it's been really long since I had an iPhone my self :LOL:

20. TR

TRJets Newbie
    0/47

It all depends on where I am in my phone. Back buttons pop up on screen but sometimes there's no back buttons on the screens I load just a home button and a button to push okay to go back to the login screen. I haven't found a solution to fix this app problem on the iphone yet