Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Triple AAA Title

zesp4 Jul 23, 2015

1. zesp4

zesp4 XPG Editor Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a third person action-adventure survival episodic game by Panache Digital Games and acclaimed game designer Patrice Desilets.

The creator of the series Assassins Creed has announced that his new title will be coming for PC and potentially Consoles.

Patrice went on to say that "AAA Games, I believe in them," said Désilets, who was also creative director on The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. "I believe wholeheartedly that this medium we call 'video games' can be a positive force for change in our society and that AAA quality gaming experiences have unmatched strength to achieve this."

[​IMG]

The game will be about exploring different parts of our history of civilization where crucial decisions were made. He also mentioned some examples of this by saying " Domestication of animals, inventions of tools, discovering penicillin and putting a man on the moon etc"

Désilets mentions that you will play as a caveman, as seen above in the picture. And that the game will be non-violent as he believes that there was no evidence of war before the invention of agriculture. Below is the comment he made on it.

"Our ancestors back then weren't that violent," he says. "They weren't fighting each other. Cooperation and compassion are really part of the reason why we survived...There's no evidence of war before the invention of agriculture on this planet. That doesn't mean they didn't exist, but we've never found any evidence of it. There's not a lot of human beings on the planet, and once you first come across one, your first thought is not of killing them. It's like, 'Holy s*** there's somebody else! Let's try to help each other to survive because there's not a lot of food and there's a lot of beasts out there.'"

The only thing Désilets is having trouble with is technology allowing him to exceed his limits, he wants an interactive world, where you can interact with everything throughout the open world, from the woods, building, fires, tribes, water, fishing etc. He also mentions that he would like the player to be able to feel satisfied while interacting with the environment without the need to kill or no bloodshed. He also says to tackle the problem of episodic games the lack of replayability and suggests to get around it you could have free will to do what you want after the narrative part of the episode for example to gain the power of fire, once you know how it works you can do what you well like around your environment.

I also believe as a gamer myself, would i get bored playing this game? With not being able to kill cavemen or tribesmen. Obviously he will have to add in the ability to kill animals to survive, hunting with spares or bow 'n' arrows would be excellent. It kind of reminds me of The Forest, but better.

We will just have to wait and see what he comes up with. Below is a teaser trailer for the game. You should definitely check it out because it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyi2WT7XwQ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  2. ZIONICSPEED

ZIONICSPEED Newbie
    0/47

Wow looks incredible