About Dark Souls TU

lichtlaerm Sep 25, 2012

1. li

lichtlaerm Newbie
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been having some problems updating Dark Souls.

Basically, I can't get it to work. I've been trying for the last 2 hours or so and I don't know what else to do. I formatted the USB drive with my 360, used XTAF to create the Root://Content/0000000000000000/<TITLEID>/000B0000/<TU File> route, double-checked for the title ID, downloaded the correct TU and injected it properly on that folder. It even transfers smoothly from the USB drive to my hard drive on the console.

The thing is: It won't work. The game just stays the same as ever. I've tried starting a new savegame using the USB drive as storage directly and it's no use. What I've observed is that the TU appears in a separate "folder" inside the Games folder in the 360 HDD. I've never done this before so I don't know if it should be that way

I've also checked at the savegame I created on the USB drive, and discovered that what should be the Title ID on that folder is a different one, it's not even one of the 3 I've seen listed for this game.

As I stated above, I don't know if any of this is normal because I'm a steaming pile of noobness, but any kind of help will be appreciated.

2. ni

nilon Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    sure i need Never dead TU problem Verison

3. Ta

TanMan303 Newbie
    0/47

Did anyone figure out what the problem was here? I'm having the exact same issue, and I swear I've tried everything.

4. ey

eyecandy Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Make sure you check the media ID of your game (using content manager for instance). For each game there's a title ID and a Media ID, the latter matching disc regions I believe. Dark souls' Title ID is 4E4D083A and if you go to xboxunity to get TUs you will have to select the correct media ID for your game.
    Also, most TUs go to your console's cache but in some cases (like here) you have to create a 000B0000 folder inside your 4E4D083A's folder (GAME TITLE ID's folder) and place the latest TU. I also believe there's no need to keep older TUs, the last one contains all the others. - I obviously wrote all this to help a majority of people who may stumble across this post :)