Tags:

A few tips for best performance for The Witcher 3

madasahat May 23, 2015

1. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    105/188

Console:
    Computer
    So the Witcher 3 is a rig destroyer of many beast GPU set ups. I have am still rocking a GTX 780 day 1 edition overclocked on air by me from the day I bought it. Not many games give me trouble due to my OC but the 3GB Ram is an issue now but i wont upgrade until Pascal but I am going off topic.

Most PC gamers play games for FPS and the endless graphic options that consoles cant and will not compare to, on this occasion I am willing to have a steady lower FPS count and up the eye candy for this awesome game.

I have found a few things here and there going into settings that are not on the menu do this and that but I have found the following works for me and its simple to do.

Make sure you have the following installed:

MSI Afterburner 4.1.0 (google is your friend)
    RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Version 6.2.0 (google is your friend) I cant upload files anymore?!?!

This is not a tut for those programs!

IN GAME SETTING TWEEKS

HairWorks does not, in my opinion, justify its performance impact in this game on all but the highest-end setups. SO TURN IT OFF!!!

HBAO+ is a very significant improvement over SSAO at not too high a cost, and having no AO at all greatly diminishes the graphics of the game. I’d suggest keeping HBAO+ enabled if at all possible.

Foliage visibility range has both a high graphical and a very high performance impact. Reducing it to high or even medium can make for a nice performance improvement I have left mine on high which will become clear later on

Texture quality is really more dependent on your GPU’s memory than performance as such. If you have more than 2 GB of video memory, keep it at ultra, otherwise do drop down to high.

Shadow Quality does have a performance impact, and it offers a rather smooth progression of quality from the highest to the lowest setting. It is a good candidate for reduction if you need the performance. I have mine set on ultra

The other settings have a play with and see what you get after implementing this final and most important tip!!!

Create a profile for Witcher 3 by clicking on the “+” sign in RTSS and pointing it to the witcher exe, and set the desired framerate limit to 30.
    disable both the in-game frame limiter and in-game Vsync, use borderless fullscreen mode for correct triple buffering and set the desired framerate limit in RTSS to 30FPS.
    This combination will result in consistent frame delivery while minimizing input lag and no stutter and good to ultra graphics.

OH NOES I WANT 60FPS ON ULTRA well good luck and buy 2 x GTX980 ti's in a few weeks!! Wont be much change from £1200-£1300 I reckon, if you can wait for Nvidia to release stacked memory with Pascal then wait!! GPU upgrades are "suppose" to be buy one miss one (I am on the miss one ATM)

Let me know how you get on and if you notice any improvement over the in game V_sync and limiter I can honestly say I have done the above and works well for me. My 780 BTW has 3GB of ram.

These tips were taken from various places and are not my own I am just putting them together and saying they work for me!!

2. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    105/188

Console:
    Other
    Great share buddy, currently I'm running AMD's top GPU which is R9 290x. Does well and have 0 lag and run on max. Only frame drops I get is from the cut-scenes as the driver's haven't been released yet.