Not open for further replies.

360 Revolution broken?

Shad Owen Kahn Dec 29, 2016

1. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi... I'm a new Member. Been trying to use my Xbox 360 Revolution software but it comes up with errors. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Got the .Netframework but it just sits there not logging in.....then dumps.
    Please help.
    Thx

2. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Also have run as administrator and my username has no special characters but when I hit submit it just closes.
    Not sure what is up...got version 3.41.0

3. Pr

Prince Ddfdanser Guest

Hello Shad Owen Kahn, and welcome to XPG!

I hope you enjoy it here! :) We have different forum parts like Xbox360/One, PS4, Pc/Computer and more... also support section(s) for each of these consoles so for help check out the Xbox360 section. If you
    explane your problem (all that you know) it will be easy-er to help you with your problem.

You should read this link first:
    www.xpgamesaves.com: READ FIRST before Reporting an error.

For support with your Xbox 360 Revolution problem:
    www.xpgamesaves.com: 360Revolution Support

There a ton's of mods and other stuff your can find here... From Xbox 360/One, PS4 to PC/Computer mods. Its the largest mods and game community site on the internet. Here are some links, please make sure you read them and I hope this helps you to get started. If you have any further questions then please feel free to ask a XPG Staff Member for help.

Forum rules
    www.xpgamesaves.com: XPG Rules

Basic information for new members
    www.xpgamesaves.com: Basic Information For New Members

Advice and tips for new members
    www.xpgamesaves.com: Advice and Tips for New Members Please Read.

- Masdko
    - Global Moderator

4. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Moved to the correct secton

5. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thx for moving it to the right section and sorry I placed it in the wrong thread....as for the problem I did read the info on the problems which may be the cause but the info didn't help. As I said earlier I Have no special characters in my username or password, I run it as Administrator and I do have the .Net Framework. I put in the username and password and hit submit and it closes down.....so I'm not sure what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I used to use it a few years ago and I decided to try it again. Please help me so I can use your great program again.
    Thx for your time and patience.

6. slyfuldragon

slyfuldragon 360Revolution Developer XPG Moderator
    195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    I can seem to log into it just fine on 3 different machines. Try uninstalling and reinstalling .Net Frameworks 2.0 through 4.5 and see if that resolves your issue.

7. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you ...I will definitely try that and let you know. Do I also delete and reinstall Revolution as well?
    Thx again.

8. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nope still running into the same problem... deleted and reinstalled .net Framework 2.0 - 4.6.1590.0 and still the same....enter username and password then hit submit and it disappears and nothing.
    *edit
    I just deleted Revolution and reinstalled...still nothing.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  9. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Is by any chance me using Win 8.1 affecting it....could it possibly be resolved by using compatibility mode and go to....say Win XP?
    Also could it be that the Revolution program is 32-bit and my windows is 64-bit?

10. slyfuldragon

195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Nope, that shouldn't be a problem. I've been running 360Revolution under Windows XP all the way through Windows 10 (Preview Updates) and I haven't been running into any login issues (currently logged into it right now).

I would say try changing your password and give it a go.

11. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Should I go back to before this last updated version....as I have 3.41.0?

12. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Changed the password 2x and still nothing.
    I pulled up the task manager and as I suspected it is there till after I hit the submit button and as soon as I hit the button it disappears from the task manager.
    Not sure if it is a fault in the program or what but it seems to brick as soon as the username and password is entered and I hit the submit button.
    Any more help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thx again.

13. slyfuldragon

195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    My only other suggestions at this moment would be to try to contact an Admin (and link this thread) as there have been rare instances where the person's username was in fact different than what they thought it to be, of which the admin can clear that up for you without a doubt.

Please feel free to post back if after you've tried login in with the Username they give you and the credentials you've set up for your XPG account. I may have an alternate solution afterwards.

I strive to make sure people are able to use 360Revolution and are able to have fun with it as much fun as we have making it and using it ourselves.

EDIT: It just occurred to me (and I don't know why it didn't sooner), what kind of virus protection do you have on your PC? It actually sounds like your virus protection is silently blocking 360Revolution from opening but not quarantining it. Just in case, we can assure you that 360Revolution is not malicious in any way, but you will have to make an exception to allow 360Revolution to run in your virus protection. Try this first, then if that doesn't work try getting in touch with an admin about your account credentials as I mentioned above.

14. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nope got 360 Revolution on all my whitelists..... not sure what else to do. Also can you talk to BeerMoney in regards to the Username thing.
    Thx.

15. slyfuldragon

195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    I would recommend you getting in touch with an admin so you have definitively have your username. Otherwise, I would also recommend making another account for testing purposes so you can try to log into 360Revolution with that account. I've done so and I can seem to log in with the test account as well. So it would seem that something on your machine might be preventing 360Revolution from opening (if your credentials are correct).

16. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Thats what I told him. I have to use my sons account to use it because of the way my name is spelled.

17. slyfuldragon

195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, I can definitely see that.
    I figure it would have to be something of a username or user's machine issue since I can log into 3 different machines with 2 different accounts. Thanks trying to help him out as well.

18. Shad Owen Kahn

Shad Owen Kahn Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well the strange things continue but good this time. Tried this afternoon and low and behold it works....must have hated 2016 so much it wouldn't come out to play....:p
    Thx for all the help and please close this thread.

19. slyfuldragon

195/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Glad to hear it's all resolved for you now, sounds like a simple restart was in order for the changes to take effect. Enjoy your time using 360Revolution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.