0.0%

17511 updating w/XeBuild tutorial.

DonRMods Nov 18, 2016

1. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Step 1: fetching your cpukey through xell or dashlaunch. Save your cpukey some were on your computer it's used for a lot of things. Pictures of the two. Xell | DashLaunch

Step 2: Downloading Flash360.xex to dump your nand. DL | VS

Step 3: Dumping your nand. It's simple really, launch the flash360.xex then press button X on your controller. This will back up your current nand to file.
    Then press button A on your controller to save entire nand to file. After that it will start extracting the nand and saving it to your flash360 folder.
    After you're done and it prompts you to press any button to continue press the back button. Then press the back button again to go to the main menu.
    Then press the back button again to exit the application.

Step 4: Getting your nand to your computer or what ever you're using to update to the newest dashboard. Go to the place your stored your Flash360 folder and open it up you should see something called "flashdmp.bin"
    put that on a usb flash drive and put it on your desktop or were ever you want to keep it at. If you don't have a usb then use neighborhood and file transfer the "flashdmp.bin" to your desktop.

Step 5: Downloading XeBuild for 2.0.17511.0 dashboard. DL | VS

Step 6: updating your nand in XeBuild for 2.0.17511.0 dashboard. Open xeBuild GUI 2.0.exe, from there go to open.
    Then find your "flashdmp.bin" file and double click on that. It should come up with something like this. Notice yours will be different it auto finds your build type and motherboard.
    Now copy and paste your cpukey into this location that's being pointed at with the arrow and is crossed out in red. After you do that just click on generate hacked image.

Step 7: Find your brand new "updflash.bin" file. Once you have located that put it on a usb and put it in the flash360 folder on your console or transfer it there via xbox360 neighborhood.

Step 8: launch Flash360.xex once there please press button A to write "updflash.bin" to nand. Then press button A again on your controller to Raw flash with keeping current kv/config.
    Then press the start button and then the A button after that it will start updating. After it's complete it will tell you "press any button to continue" press the back button intell your console turns off.
    Then it will reboot then check to see what dash you're on it should say 2.0.17511.0. I hope this written tutorial helped some of you out. Thanks for reading this tutorial created by DonRMods aka RenegadeMods.

2. TheDevilZ

TheDevilZ Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is very helpful, thank you. But what about those with a flashed console? Those with a LT+ or Xk3y? The update is safe to download and install? No info anywhere.

3. IH

IH8UALL Guest

Wait.....What? This is for Jtah/rgh if I remember right. Not online use. But then if you are asking if its safe to upload then I just did mine 3 days ago (360key) no problems.

4. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I would say it's safe let me update mine now and I will let you know.

5. TheDevilZ

TheDevilZ Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm just talking about the new dashboard update released yesterday.
    It seems users with Jtag and Rgh are having trouble and I'd like to know about those with LT and Xk3y. If everything is fine. If the update is safe to download and install. That's all :)
    Thank you. :)

6. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Sorry @TheDevilZ I was helping a few people update there rgh let me pull my xK3Y console down from closet lol.

7. IH

IH8UALL Guest

It works I said that up above. No worries

8. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    @TheDevilZ it's 100% safe for xK3Y's bud I just updated mine and launched BO2 just fine :).

9. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Sorry I didn't see that post there my bad.

10. IH

IH8UALL Guest

No worries.

11. DonRMods

DonRMods Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Did my profile glitch out or something?
    http://prnt.sc/d93knd

12. TheDevilZ

TheDevilZ Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Oh, that's a relief. Thanks a lot and sorry for any troubles that I may have caused! :D
    I re-read your post and now I got what you mean. What threw me off is that you said "3 days ago" when the X360 update was released on the 17th. Perhaps you're one of those LIVE members scheduled to receive beta updates or something? Thanks for the info, too, anyway :)
    Yeah, I noticed it too. I have the same problem, sometimes. I'd say don't worry about it. It fixes itself ;)

13. Justeve

Justeve Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox One

14. Justeve

Justeve Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thanks for the updated Xebuild GUI

15. za

zajdzio Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    question:
    1: can i update from dash 17489 to 17511 without losing lt 3.0
    2: after update can i connect console to internet and download game contents.
    sorry i`m new to x360 console so pls b straight with answers.
    thx in advance